DEMSA is the Debt Managers Standards Association.
We're proud to be DEMSA members
DEMSA promotes good practice in the debt management industry, to protect the interests of the public and the lenders to whom they owe money. DEMSA's code of practice has approval from the Trading Standards Institute. Therefore membership of DEMSA is subject to a rigorous auditing process to ensure the quality of service.
Harrington Brooks adheres to a code of conduct that promotes consumers' interests beyond the basic requirements of the law. All members of DEMSA are bound by these terms which cover the following areas:
- Clear and truthful advertising.
- Clear written pre-contractual information for consumers provision of clear and fair contract terms.
- Protection of all client's deposits or prepayments.
- Full compliance with the OFT's Debt Management Guidance.
- Working together with clients to serve the lenders with clear and accurate repayments proposals.
- User-friendly complaint handling procedures, including conciliation and independent redress if things go wrong.
Harrington Brooks has representation on the DEMSA Board or Directors and is committed to furthering its development.
For more information about DEMSA visit demsa.co.uk
The DEMSA code of conduct is available online a demsa.co.uk/code-of-conduct